The other day, I got a couple of Distress Oxide sprays to do some experimenting. I like that they're more opaque and you can quickly make a background. Also, if the background is too bright, you can tone it down by just spritzing with water to oxidize the colors a bit. I cut out some wildflowers using my Tim Holtz wildflowers die set.
The flowers below were sprayed with spiced marmalade and picked raspberry on watercolor paper.
These three blue flowers are wilted violet and mermaid lagoon on tan drawing paper.
And these last two were cut out of a manila tag and sprayed with all three colors.
The tan drawing paper was really thin, but I like the way the brown paper shows through a bit (probably due to lighter spraying). The blue and purple really mixed together; but when you look close, you can see that extra detail and texture. Neat!
Next time I'll take a photo of the sprayed paper before cutting to give you the "big" picture :)
Experimenting with a few supplies is a fun way to be creative without any pressure. Just play!
When not quilting, I can be found creating and making pretty things. This page is where I'll share my experiments and discoveries in the hope that you'll try expressing your creativity!