Just got the quilt off the longarm and attached the binding.
Here's the full quilt after binding:
This was a block of the month quilt project at my local quilt store. Here you can see when I was deciding how to set the blocks and an image of the top before the quilting was started.
I used solid fabrics on the back so the quilting really shows - eek!
But I love how the back turned out!
Which leads to Lesson One:
I think the quilting is too much for the front; it "fights" with the piecing.
And Lesson Two:
The thread is the wrong color. It just looks dirty on the light colored batik fabrics. I used King Tut thread in Riverbank on the top and So Fine in Clay for the bobbin. Maybe a light gray or off white would have been better and then black thread in the solid black areas and in the outer border.
But the back is fun ;)
So, it's not perfect; but the quilt is done, I learned some useful stuff and I have more quilting experience. It's not about perfection, it's about the journey.
I was pleasantly surprised with the back - maybe I should hang it like this!
My favorite way to express my creativity is with fabric. Join me as I share my journey with you. I hope you'll be inspired to create something too!